Monday, January 31, 2011

Marathon Weekend and More!

This was a very exciting weekend for former and current teammates. The McMillan marathoners tackled 26.2 miles early Sunday morning in Houston, highlighted by Nick Arciniaga's and Stephanie Rothstein's 2nd and 3rd place finishes! I also have to give a personal shout out to my gf Natasha LaBeaud for her 2:45 Olympic qualifier in her first marathon! The party started early at 6 a.m. Sunday as we huddled around 2 computers watching the fabulously shoddy coverage of the race. Thankfully, loyal Twitterites were hot on every race development and we pieced together the action. I was so pumped up afterwards that I couldn't wait to run my own marathon (what was I thinking?!).

Check out the coverage by Flotrack!

Rewind to Saturday and the Bruins were tearing up the Dempsey track with standout performances of their own. I have to give props to my old roomie, Scotty Crawford, and top-notch half-miler Cory Primm for their early season performances in the mile. After his 4:01 split in the DMR Friday night, Scott came back to lead his heat of the mile and run 4:06. Then in the top heat CP ran a great race for a nice 4:02 personal best. You know what, why should you believe me, take a look for yourself: Scotty Leading the Mile & Cory's 4:02.

Also, you might like to see Kent Morikawa's Killer Kamikaze Kick in the 3k.

There couldn't have been a better weekend to pump me up for this upcoming week. It's USA Cross Country week!!! Hometown here I come!

1 comment: