Saturday, January 22, 2011

First of Many (I Hope)

My name is Marco Anzures, I'm a recent graduate of UCLA who has just recently moved out to Flagstaff, Arizona, joining Team USA Arizona and McMillanElite, in pursuit of my long held dream of competing in the Olympic Games.

I have started this blog as a way to log and share all my new experiences as a professional runner. Since moving to Arizona in September I have learned a lot about what it will take to reach my goals and I'm ready, willing, and excited to accept the challenges that lay ahead. Deciding to chase my aspirations may not have been the easiest path I could have chosen upon graduating, but it was the one opportunity I would have most regretted not taking.

Blogging is something new to me, so I'm not entirely sure how it goes but it seems appropriate that I tell whomever may be reading this a little more about myself. A quick synopsis might go something like this: I was born February 13, 1988 in San Diego, California. I have always been a very active individual and played all sorts of sports while growing up. I was going to grow up to be a Major League Baseball player and play for the San Diego Padres, just like my hero Tony Gwynn. However, my desire to try my hardest ushered me towards running when I clocked an outstanding P.E. mile time my freshman year of high school. When my high school coach told me that I could get into college by running fast, I was sold (it also didn't hurt that I was pretty good either). Four years, and a ton of lost sweat later, I found myself at UCLA, in awe that all my effort had paid off. Now again, after pushing myself even harder I find that I'm still able to continue doing what I love. Running has now become a passion, a cathartic pastime I both live for and thrive off.

Of course this really only explains the skin and bones of how I got to this point in my life - I've totally ignored what I believe to be the most important aspect of my life, namely my family and friends, but hopefully over the course of Marco's Miles you'll be able to see just how important they are to me and my success.

Thanks for bearing with my on my first blog ever, tune in every week or so as I plan to update this at least that often.

Sincerely,

Marco Anzures

1 comment:

  1. wow! sounds like you have quite the journey in front of you! But I know only the best times awaits you (in more ways that one:)!

    ReplyDelete