Monday, June 06, 2011

A Jam Packed Weekend: Moving, Marathon, and More!

It was a very very busy week and weekend for me! Making the final move to San Diego, a couple job interviews, the SD Marathon Expo, and of course training! I left Flagstaff for San Diego around midday Wednesday after a frenzied couple days getting my car road-trip worthy. Eight hours later I was back home, my car packed full of my most prized possessions and lots and lots of shoes. 


While it may have been the busiest I've been in a while it was also my most productive set of days ever. Since deciding to move back to home to continue my career I have been reaching out to any and everyone I know that might be able to offer me guidance and help. In the process I have reconnected with the community that helped me become that individual I am today. I am proud to say I have the finest support group around and that it is what makes me such a strong individual, without them I wouldn't be quite the same. 


Before I begin I must say that if you have never been to a marathon expo and you are a running junkie, you must plan to soon. I had never been before but it was very cool to see all the newest gizmos and gadgets that are available to athletes. How do people come up with this stuff? Over the two day expo I helped Movin Shoes (a popular shoe store in town) with a booth of theirs and also spent some time at my new (and first!) sponsor's booth SLSTRI. Sylvie and Sebastian are very passionate about the product they produce and the compression socks, sleeves, and suits they make reflect their commitment to excellence. Keep up the good work (my calves thank you!). 


It is always great to meet a fellow Bruin when you cross paths, so it was doubly great to run into Meb and his brother Hawi at the expo as they came to support Generation UCAN (also another great company). Being from San Diego and an alum of UCLA it is inspiring to follow Meb's career and look up to the things he has accomplished. He continues to be an amazing role model for future running stars. 


As I wrap this entry up I'm forced to reflect on how fortunate I have been. I continue to pursue the things I love and along the way I meet fantastic individuals. This weekend I will continue my racing season in Carmel, Indiana, at the US 8k Championships. All these months at altitude are paying off and I feel the life in my legs awakening. I'm excited to pound the pavement again and look to report back with some positive news next week! Thanks again for following blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment