Sunday, May 08, 2011

An End Always Leads to a New Beginning

"The people who turn out best are those people who make the best out of the way things turn out." 
          - John Wooden


I had the great honor of listening to Coach John Wooden speak during my sophomore year of college and I was floored by the sheer amount of wisdom he had cultured during his lifetime. The quote above has recently become more poignant. This past week I learned that I was being dismissed from Team USA Arizona. After only eight months training in Flagstaff I was surprised and a bit miffed by the outcome. However, as John Wooden suggests, it is those who do the best with what is given them that come out better than before. So, wasting no time I began mulling over my options and within hours was quickly back on track after momentarily having my career stalled. 


My time in Flagstaff wasn't for nought though, I made new friends, learned new things about training, and had great experiences coaching kids at the YMCA and through Fit Kids. All experiences I will keep with me. Adversity breeds success when you learn from mistakes. With plans to race into July, I'm excited to finish off this season on a high note!


P.S. If you want to sponsor an athlete feel free to post on my blog :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi son, keep your spirits up. You are an awesome guy. Your biggest fan. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess i would be ur second biggest fan then...if your ever up near sacramento im here and we could get a run or just chill
    kyle "team crunk"

    ReplyDelete