Monday, January 07, 2013

New Year and New Things to Talk About

It's a new year and like many people around this time I have made a few resolutions. Well, they aren't really resolutions as much as they are recommitments. I really enjoy writing and keeping a blog but for some reason I just keep losing pace during parts of the year. This time around I believe I've found a great way to keep a steady stream of my thoughts out in cyberspace.



The goal I set for myself was to blog about something at least once a week. Now, I know my track record shows I haven't been able to keep that kind of writing activity up but I have a plan! If I can't find the time or get myself to write Something of Substance (or as the Hanson's Marathon Training lingo goes "SOS") then I will just post that week's training log entry. Since last year I finally went an entire year of posting in my training log every week I'm confident I will always have ready to go material. Plus, I'm always interested in viewing others training logs and I assume others are too! If you are like me you should probably check out what Nick Symmonds has available on his new site.

I haven't decided if I'll just write a synopsis of my training, post a photo of my log entries, or go really in-depth to what I was thinking. We will just have to see. I look forward to this new literary challenge and I hope that I can stay on course!

TRAINING LOG ENTRY
WEEK 4
DECEMBER 30 - JANUARY 6

Monday: AM- 60 min run at University City (high school) through canyons with Riess and Chuck. Ended up on the track at 6:20/mi pace. HR (heart rate) = 150. Core (5 exercises) and pushups (35). Walking stretches to end.

Tuesday: AM- Started the new year off with a solid 10 mile (or thereabouts) run. TT (total time) = 66:13. Good effort for a Strong AC (aerobic conditioning) day. HR = 150. Rope stretch following.

PM- 20 minutes of Founders

Wednesday: AM- 10 mile loop (69 minutes). HR = 162-168. Strong AC.

PM- Strength Training at 24 HR Fitness. First time in a while so I went pretty conservative. Aimed to complete routine in just under 30 minutes.

Sleep: 10pm-6:30am

Thursday: 6 mile LT (tempo) run (Bay Loop). 1) 5:52, 2) 5:48, 3) 5:31, 4) 5:35, 5) 5:32, 6) 5:36. TT = 33:55 (5:40/mi). HR = 170-180. Went in with a goal pace of 5:40-50/mi.

PM- 25 minute Founders

mHR (morning heart rate) = 48-49

Friday: AM- Early morning before heading to Riverside with Tash. Only a 20 minute jog and quick stretch.

PM- Returned home and ran with Tash for 45 minutes easy in Balboa Park. Pushed strides to tomorrow. Core (5 exercises).

mHR = 48-49

Saturday: AM- Slept in. 15 minute w/u, Cruz drills, 10 x strides (4x100, 2x80, 2x60, 2x40) on grass in flats. Flying! Huge improvement from 2 weeks ago. 15 min c/d. Rope stretch.

mHR = 47

Sunday: AM- Rohr Park LR (long run). 1 hour 42 minutes (about 14 miles). Enjoyed the loop I ran. Legs feeling yesterdays strides. Really heavy around 1:20. Recorded a pace of 6:45/mi late in run. HR = 162-168. Walking stretches + hip girdle routine

PM- 2 hour nap.

mHR = 47, Sleep: 11pm-6am.


















4 comments:

  1. looks like 2013 training is off to a great start! always cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Taking those baby steps to build fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! Keep the training coming!

    ReplyDelete